The soldier is a well rounded fighter with decent speed and health. With the right equipment and strategy he can survive and even thrive in just about any combat situation.
- Use his starting Bearzooka carefully as it is easy to kill yourself with it!
- Rifles are very good at range, allowing you the chance to take down the enemy before they get close.
- Try to move between cover to be protected while reloading.
Riggs the heavy is built like a tank, and moves like a stone. Capable of withstanding staggering amounts of damage without flinching while doling out devastating attacks in return, Riggs can turn the tide of any battle.
- Your move speed is your weakness! Either use equipment to move more quickly, or try to attack opponents that can’t just run away.
- Riggs’ melee is extremely devastating. Any enemy you can get your claws on in is deep touble – unless it’s the Huggable.
- All of the Heavy’s weapons are brutally effective, but less so if the target is far away – mostly from inaccuracy.
The Modified Huggable is a safer version of the standard Huggable. Its quickness and uncanny melee strength makes it a serious threat up close and its unorthodox abilities make it unpredictable in combat.
- Stay away from wide open spaces. The Huggable’s fragile health and lack of ranged options allow enemies to dispose of you easily from a distance.
- You cannot use or switch abilities while they recharge. Rely on melee in the meantime.
- Use Tough Love to gain a temporary 50% increase in melee damage.
Tillman does not have a weapon on hand that doesn’t have splash damage! Throwing explosives into a group of enemies is a great way to turn the tides of a battle but be very careful to avoid hitting yourself!
- Watch out for your reload times. If you use up all your ammo, you’ll be a sitting duck!
- All of Tillman’s weapons gain a larger benefit from equipping +Explosion rather than +Damage buffs.
- Artillery weapons can “lock on” to enemies, much like a sniper. However, the launched attack will not follow them if they are moving, so target enemies that are standing still.
Agile and deadly, the Sniper’s main weapon is range. You are at a severe disadvantage when enemies are close so plan your equipment and special accordingly!
- Sniper rifles can lock on at any range. However, it can take a long time to lock on, so pick targets that are likely to stay in the open!
- Keep in mind that others can snipe you while you snipe. Cloaking is a great way to alleviate this.
- After locking on, the Sniper will hit with every shot. However, you can continue to focus until you see a red dot at the center of the reticule. At this point, every shot is an insta-kill!
The masticator of mayhem, a Chub Scout is always prepared to even the odds for his team. This character’s appetite for destruction makes him the perfect class for those simply wishing to wreak sweat havoc on their enemy.
- The Batterito and Killdoba cause Wil to gain a flamethrower attack and increase your move speed, but you cannot do anything else until the effect ends.
- Wil only has one long-ranged weapon in his arsenal – the Balance Beam. All other weapons require him to be close to enemies, so maneuver accordingly.
- EZ Chee-Z and Whipped Pain cause Wil to explode, killing all nearby enemies AND YOU. Don’t use them willy-nilly.
Don’t be fooled by his physique. This class relies more on brains than brawn. This wise whisker-bear specializes in defending areas of the map and controlling enemy traffic. You got to wake up pretty early in the morning to sneak one past this old timer.
- The engineer has several weapons that inflict unique radiation. These cause very small amounts of damage but build up in an enemy until they explode in a massive death cloud.
- Graham excels in map control. Use turrets to lay down suppressive fire in an area or place mines at choke points and watch in amusement as the kills roll in.
- Act defensively! The engineer’s poor move speed coupled with his poor ability to deal outright damage mean that you need to force enemies to fight on your terms.
The mysterious dreadnought, the B-1000, is ideal for when you find yourself in a “Thermopylae” or “Hot Gates” situation. That is to say, so long as your enemies are directly in front of you and don’t technically have anywhere to run you’ve got nothing to lose. Once we bring bobbing and weaving into the equation, however, things get a little hairy for the big guy.
- The Assault has wicked firepower that can easily vaporize an enemy in a shot or two. However, don’t miss those shots. Power this big takes some time to charge.
- Use his secondaries to gain a positional advantage. His Metal Crush has him hop like a grasshopper towards his enemy while activating the Last Resort will destroy the B1000 along with those around him.
- Melee isn’t the Assault’s strong point. Use it in a pinch, but don’t rely on it to much.